Sunday, October 11, 2015

Different Houses

Yesterday I walked through a lovely neighborhood
accompanied by two souls dearest to me
It was night
The air was still
Trees towered the houses
springing scents into the smooth air
One distinct home-
Secretly concealed by an enchanting gate
enveloped in vines
I wondered and dreamed of what dwelled within the gate
We walked onward
nature hummed
We listened
Another solitary home-
a path of white roses trailed to the doorway
And another home-
endless stained-glass windows-
we peaked inside
A dim light was glowing softly
I wondered what the people were like
who lived in these houses
each one unique
Some with brick, and some with stone
Others with green foliage flourishing about their courtyards
white-wood panels, vines covering brick and stone,
fragrant flowers
Not one was only just common
This stroll, with those I love dearest-
These lovely houses, as we are-
not one the same.

window

No comments:

Post a Comment